Monday 29 January 2018

Once Upon a Time Goldilocks Gift Set



I was recently approached by the lovely Kim of Dear Little Darlings, who asked me to be a guest seller in her online shopping event on 1st February.  The theme was 'Into the Forest' which is one of my favourite themes as it reminds me of autumn, my favourite season.

Whilst researching fabrics for my submissions, I came across Riley Blake's 'Goldilocks' by Jill Howarth and I just knew I had to use it.  I had a special set in mind, but no one could prepare me for how well it actually came together. Don't you just love it when something you make turns out better than you actually envisioned it?

I have submitted four items.  The first was, of course, a Goldilocks inspired doll. She has beautiful blonde plush hair and blue eyes.  I gave her a twirly skirt with a cute apron and a baby pink tutu to make her extra special.  I also made a flutter-sleeve dress in the coordinating fabric which looks so sweet on.






Next, using my daughter's DUKTIG bed from Ikea as a size guide, I made this cute dolly duvet set, comprising of a reversible quilt and coordinating pillow with pom-pom detail... 




And to complete the set, a coordinating hoop which I machine embroidered with 'Once upon a time...'
I love how this turned out, and it's something I wouldn't usually make, but I'm so pleased I went with it.  I've had these buttons for ages, which I can't use in doll making for safety reasons, so it was nice to be able to put them to use. 



I am just so in love with the whole set.  The fabric was beautiful to work with and I love how well they coordinate. I am really going to be sad to see them go.  I have just bought another metre of fabrics to make another set though!

All of the items shown here will be available to purchase at the Into the Woods Market night over on Dear Little Darlings facebook page, this Friday, 1st February (how is January over already?!) at 8pm. 


I am taking part in another showcase next Sunday and will be making a similar set in a different combination of fabrics, so watch this space!







No comments: